The producers/stallholders are what make a farmers market and here in Kent you will find some of the very best in the country. Every producer at the farmers market takes time and effort to producing the very best of their product. The idea of a farmers market is that you the customer can go and speak to the producer direct and ask anything at all about production methods, tastes, where it was made, what’s in the ingredients….anything at all. It is a service that can’t be given in a supermarket which in this day and age where traceability is so important it is what makes a farmers market so appealing.
Producers at our markets are wherever possible from within 30 miles of the farmers market location, further if the product can’t be sources locally or if a local producer isn’t available to attend that particular farmers market
We try to support and encourage new producers as much as possible offering the opportunity to attend on a trial basis
Here’s a list of the products that you could find at our farmers markets:
- Fruit and vegetables
- Jams, Chutneys and Marmalades
- Plants and Herbs
- Juices and Drinks
- Cakes and Sweets
- Arts and Crafts
- Speciality Products
The Farmers Markets are all very different both in location and size. We have different producers attending each farmers market so if there is a particular producer you wish to visit please check which farmers market they attend. Please feel free to contact them should you want to discuss anything or pre order something for the following farmers market.
We try to operate our farmers markets whatever the weather but sometimes producers are not able to attend ie due to vehicle problems or staff illness etc., By contacting My Farmers Market Limited we can advise if a certain producer will be attending a particular day.
|My Farmers Market Monthly Calendar|
|Farmers Market Producer Attends|
|COMPANY||Hall Place Bexley||Gravesend||Dockside Outlet||Dartford||Chislehurst||West Malling|
|Sussex Wild Food||x||x||x|
|Two Suns Quality Fish||x||x|
|The French Deli||x||x|
|La Sabrosa Continental||x||x|
|Far Acre Farm||x|
|FRUIT AND VEGETABLES|
|Pine Trees Farm||x|
|Oaks Fruit and Vegetables||x|
|German Wholegrain Bakers||x|
|Naked and Ready||x|
|JAMS, MARMALADES, CHUTNEY, PRESERVES|
|My Farmers Market||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Chilli and Herb Farm||x|
|Nuts 4 Honey||x||x||x|
|Pine Trees Farm||x|
|PLANTS AND HERBS|
|Low Wood Nursery||x|
|JUICES AND DRINKS|
|Tiger Spring Tea||x|
|The Proper Tea Company||x|
|Driven By Coffee||x|
|Nip From The Hip||x|
|Wild Spirits of Kent||x|
|Pine Trees Farm||x|
|Duddas Tun Cider||x|
|The Cherry Berry||x|
|CAKES AND SWEETS|
|Simply No Gluten||x|
|The Chocolate Hut||x|
|Eat N Mess||x|
|Chillis and Herb Farm||x|
|Kent Flavour Shed||x|
|ARTS AND CRAFTS|
|Freya and Farley||x|
|Lou Lou Bella||x|
This table was correct as at December 2015
Here is a list of some of the stallholders who attend the farmers market regularly along with some details about them:
- We are a family run business specialising in supplying top quality fish and shellfish primarily from the ports of Hastings and Rye. Seasonal specialities include the famous Rye Bay Scallops, wild Sea Bass, Dover Soles, Brill, Turbot, Dressed Crabs, Mackerel, Cod and much more.Fresh fish and seafood plus
- Hand knitted alpaca clothing and accessories using our own alpaca yarn
- We supply our own butchered meat in handy freezer packs including: Beef, lamb, venison, locally produced free range pork, chicken, cured and smoked hams, burgers, sausages, spit roasts and other products – ideal for barbecues.
- Quality food produced for farmers markets in Kent and also farm shops. Every thing is made by myself (Caroline) and my husband Michael. Between us we have over 35 years experience in catering. We also cater for parties, birthdays and any other occasion that requires good food.
Dudda’s Tun Cider
- Dudda’s Tun Kentish Cider is produced at Pine Trees Farm, Doddington, located in the Kent Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, in the heart of the ‘Garden of England.’
- Delightful French pastries, tarts, macaroons & cakes. These are all handmade using the best ingredients and traditional French methods by Le Cordon Bleu trained Pastry Chef Dulce. For enquiries, kindly get in touch and we look forward to hearing from you!
Far Acre Farm
- Free range eggs
- Based in Laddingford we make and sell fresh French Crepes to order. Ingredients are sourced organically and locally where possible, (the eggs are from Far Acre Farm) and we can provide vegetarian, gluten free, sweet and savoury options. We aim to provide an authentic, fresh and healthy dining experience.Crepes
My Farmers Markets Ltd.
- We produce jams, jellies, marmalades and chutneys using local produce wherever possible. We have recently started producing flavoured vinegars too. We currently offer over 20 varieties of jam, 9 types of marmalade and around 15 varities of chutney. Some items are seasonal. We make a variety of curds to order and produce different mincemeats for Christmas.
- Delicious homemade soups and organic breads including gluten free breads
Naked & Ready Foods
- Homemade patés and humus and organic scotch eggs using top quality local ingredients.
Pine Trees Farm
- We are a small family-run fruit farm situated in the Garden of England. Our main crops are: apples, cherries and plums. The apples are locally pressed into 5 varieties of pure apple juice. We also rear turkeys from day old chicks, which we sell directly from the farm at Christmas.
- Kentish cobnuts, almonds, chestnuts and walnuts sold fresh or as fudges and brittles; in
- We are a cottage garden nursery specializing in hardy perennials, shrubs and climbers, including many unusual varities.
Simply No Gluten
- We are an exciting new bakery offering all kinds of cakes and meringues to customers who are wheat intolerance or who simply want to eat better. All our gluten free cakes are made using local produce and organic ingredients. We sell from our website as well as at local farmers market and supply a number of cafes in Kent. We also make salads using locally sourced ingredients and fruit and vegetables in season.
- We make many flavours of fudge, both traditional and our own, fresh for the market.We also make a range of unique, taste bud tantalising marmalades – come and try them all!
The Chilli & Herb Farm
- We Love Growing chillies – 28 varieties this year. You too can grow them as we sell plants when in season. We Love Eating them – they are so much better fresh. We Love Cooking with them – We make a stunning range of dips, sauces, jams, oils & vinegars.
The Chocolate Hut
- Homemade Gourmet Brownies, Granola Bars and American Inspired Slab – all made with Belgian chocolate
The Hickory Pit
- Pulled pork, pork ribs, beef brisket, beef short ribs, smoked chicken, smoked sausages
The Proper Tea Co
- The Proper Tea Co is a retailer and blender of around 70 fine and exotic loose leaf teas and infusions. We source all our teas from highly reputable merchants, blenders and importers with ‘quality’ being our overarching watch-word. We also strive to stock a range of innovative and design led teaware to enhance your brewing experience!
Thomas Cookie Co
- Thomas Cookie is a brand new business where the thinking is as fresh as the baking. We have located a gap in the UK cookie market and will be filling it with our innovative, unique and delicious take on this traditional treat. Our creations have been described as the flavoursome equivalent of a tongue massage. (By us !!). Following the feeding frenzy, feedback from our initial sample group has been overwhelmingly positive.
Villagers Fine Sausages
- Gourmet Sausage Rolls and sausages such as Olde Porky (a traditional old style recipe made with no herbs and just a hint of seasoning) and Link ‘n’ Lovely (our famous Lincolnshire style sausage meat fills this roll and offers strong flavoured herbs and spices for you pleasure).
- VJ Game specialises in bringing high quality, locally sourced game such as venison, rabbit, duck, and pheasant to the market and making our own unique game burgers and sausages.
Wild Spirits of Kent
- Wild Spirits of Kent produce hedgerow liqueurs and spirits. Our artisan tipples are created using premium gin and vodka made in a small batch copper-pot still in Kent’s only distillery combined with wild fruits and berries that we have hand picked from Kent’s countryside.
- Cheese and pasta
Debra’s Cake and Bake
- A delicious selection of cakes
Katz Kountry Kitchen
- Flavoured Oil, Vinegars, Sea Salt and Seasoning
Greek speciality olives in his own marinades plus sweet baklava and turkish delight.
Low Wood Nurseries
A family run business supplying a wide range of quality herbaceous perennials, shrubs, climbers, trees(fruit and ornamental), roses, seasonal herbs and bulbs to cover your gardening needs.
- Luxury handmade marshmallows using locally sourced ingredients free from additives, colouring and preservatives
Oaks Fruit & Veg
- Family run business selling fresh free range pork & bacon products from our pedigree rare breed pigs. Sausages, Dry Cured Bacon, Fresh Pork Joints, Dry Cured Gammon Joints.
- Hand made jewellery. Items made from recycled fabrics and handmade pottery
- Handmade jewellery for adults and children. Small handmade gift items and decorated wicker hearts. Individual and Unique…..
- Ready baked pies and pasties
- All smoked produce including smoked fish, pastes and meats.
Sussex Wild Food Co
- We supply local, seasonal wild game, such as Venison, Wild Boar, Pheasant, Wild Duck, Partridge, Wood Pigeon, Wild Rabbit, Guinea Fowl and Quail. We also make our own Sausages and Burgers to our own recipe’s. Everything is produced in our small prep room at home.
The French Delicatessen
- The French Delicatessen is a small local business present on a lot of Farmer’s Market in Kent and East Sussex. We provide French products such as cheese, olives, garlic, saucissons, and more. We have been trading at local markets since 2003
- Worms, wormeries, worm compost and worm tea plus advice on wormeries